Mid/Senior Python Developer
At Qsic we are building platforms that are setting the standards of how businesses interact with their customers, through the use of music and data.
Our development team builds, maintains and supports backend services for a streaming music and business intelligence platform used by some of Australia’s most-respected hospitality, retail and quick-service businesses. If you’re someone who’s passionate about new technology and keen to join fun and rewarding team, Qsic is the place for you!
This is an opportunity for the right person to come into a fun, technology-rich company to take existing Python applications and make them really shine. We are looking for someone with experience working in teams who loves building groundbreaking products.
What will you be working on?
– API’s and management layers for our IOT fleet using Django.
– Existing embedded systems as well as implementing new systems with the IOT team.
– Backends to support our current customer base.
– Support systems for Qsic internal staff.
– Enhancing current API’s and embedded systems to be more security focused.
– Work with project management teams and fellow developers in constructing new project specifications and requirements.
– Input into the current and future technology stack that will fuel Qsic.
What are we looking for?
Qsic is looking for a Midweight Python Developer with a focus on Django and the Django Rest Framework as well as IOT/embedded systems. We are looking for the right person to take our current IOT management and framework to the next level.
– You have 4+ years of Python experience with examples of your work.
– Experience working with Django and Django Rest Framework.
– An extensive knowledge of embedded systems, technologies and best practices.
– 1+ year/s of AWS experience.
– Working knowledge of Websockets and MQTT.
– Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment.
– Working knowledge of CI tools and Git Flow processes.
– You are someone who stays up-to date with best practices and technologies and can help implement those into the development teams workflows.
– Someone who can communicate development ideas to management and other developers.
– Attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously throughout a sprint.
What can you expect?
– Work with senior management and developers defining our technology stack and processes.
– Work with other developers to integrate new ideas into the current development pipeline.
– Take concepts and build them into new products and offerings for Qsic.
– To work in a truly agile environment.
– Write test-driven Python.
– Training budget for you to work on your skills.
– To work with some truly amazing people and products and have input into how we develop as
– Opportunity to take responsibility for the current implementation of the IOT framework
– Room to grow as a developer as well as teach those junior to you.
– Work with the latest technologies and frameworks.
– Great team and open environment.
– Introduce new technologies and workflows.
We have just moved into a brand new office in Abbotsford right on the river.
This is a full time role in Melbourne. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
No recruiters please.